Sunday, March 22, 2009

Okay, STOP!

Before the world goes insane, sending me more and more aid, it should be known that two people did so, sending a total of $175 via PayPal. Mind you, that service takes out a small percentage, but help has been sent and received. To the two people who sent aid, I thank you from the bottom of my weary heart.

I'll be whining again in a few weeks about how crappy my finances are in a few weeks.

Once again, I find myself in a position to do evil, but unable to commit. There is no reason why this post HAS to be here. If I were any kind of scam artist, I'd keep silent and let others who might be planning to help do exactly that. I could let the money roll in, and no one would be the wiser, right?

Well, I would know. Though my friends may or may not find out down the line that they sent me aid, I would know who did what, and to abuse that kindness is a crime unto itself. Oh, I still have other needs that should be taken care of, like replacing those pots and pans that I've gone without for so long. But I can get by without cooking; slapping a sandwich together is not cooking.

So...It will take a few days for that money to be transferred from PayPal to my checking account, but I should now - hopefully - make it to 3 April. Again, to the two who stepped forward in these troubled times, you have my sincere gratitude.

Be well.

No comments: