Sunday, August 16, 2009

Attention, people of Earth!

The destruction of your planet will begin in three of your Earth days!

No, wait...that wasn't what I wanted to post at all.

I have mentioned the biopsy sites and the fact that they hurt beyond reason. Both sites are now swollen and an angry red. I suspect that tonight, as has been true for the last few nights, I won't sleep very well. The reason being that when the sites make contact with ANYTHING, I want to cry. Now imagine what happens when I roll over onto them while I'm asleep.

Tomorrow, I will be calling my doctor and asking that I see someone immediately. If they make the idiotic claim that "they're too busy," I plan on heading for an emergency room. My concern: the pain management. As you all know, I take painkillers that are stronger than 10 men. They are barely helping me endure this pain. What I WANT is a local anesthetic to numb the area. Alas, as far as I know, the only way to receive that is by way of a medical professional. It's not something I can do on my own, no matter how many insulin injections I've taken over the years. The concern is the drugs, which can be toxic if used incorrectly.

Hospitalization might also be necessary to simply remove the sites. I have no idea what the biopsies may have revealed, but my doc may send me to the hospital to have them surgically removed immediately, especially when I'm in such pain from them. Probably nothing too involved. They shouldn't be that deep, provided the infection hasn't created a problem. It can probably be done with some sedation and a local, then extract the areas. And to be honest, that's exactly what I HOPE they do, just so I can be done with them. Keep me in the hospital a few days for IV antibiotics, and let me move on from what should have been a simply procedure, only to have it turn into yet another medical drama.

And that, my friends, is the reason for this post. I wanted to say something on the chance that I seem to vanish. I recognize the fact that I need care, and I'm going to press for it tomorrow.

Of course, knowing my luck, I'll be back home tomorrow with little in the way of relief, and I'll be blogging with a rant about that. Here's hoping I get the help I need.

Oh...Before I go, aid is still needed. A little extra was sent my one of my "regular helpers," but I have vowed to send help to a dear friend who is also suffering financial woes. (Family was to send him his monthly "living allowance," and a lot less arrived than expected.) Consider me the distribution point for helping others. And if I received "absurd" amounts of money, I'd be helping even MORE people. But I won't be pushing my luck.

All this typing...I'm off to bed so I can moan and whimper to my empty apartment, and hope that I can get some sleep tonight. Be well, all.

No comments: