Saturday, October 31, 2009

Well, I sometimes write, right?

Honestly, I didn't mean for it to happen. It was an accident!

Living in "Geek Heaven," there are lots of geekish things to watch. Like "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country." I was watching the special features on the "director's edition," and there was a segment about achieving peace.

Okay...Premise: world peace is possible.

That's nice, but so what? People have dreamed of world peace for decades, and it hasn't happened. But it's happening in my story. Great, right?

Once upon a time, world peace occurred, and everyone lived happily ever after.

The End!


Ummm...Nope, it doesn't seem that great a story to me. There must be CONFLICT! But who in their right mind would be upset with peace?

Well, how about a military man who's known nothing but the service? His father was in the service. He joined as early as possible. And now...Well, the military is about to become obsolete. How will he handle this change?

What about that happy-go-lucky liberal who has been rallying for peace since she knew what the term "peaceful protest" meant? Her dreams are about to come true. Could she possibly have misgivings about future prospects?

Finally, there's the guy who seemingly couldn't care less. World events have never affected him, and they won't...Right?

I call it science fiction mostly because it occurs in the future. I'm also thinking that America won't be leading the charge for peace. But to be honest...I have no idea what's going to end up in my novel, which is supposed to be written in a month. o.O

But what to call it...? What to call it...?

As I see it, it's about peace, and everyone giving the process a piece of their mind. "Piece of Mind," it is!

3 comments:

HellfireLover said...

I look forward to hearing more about this. If you have a NaNo author name, could you please let me have it? I like to flagellate my ego into submission by seeing how much better others are doing. :D

At least now I have a title and a very short'n'sweet outline. Ah well, time to get down to it and find my voice. Bonne chance!

Arguskos said...

Yo, there better be a character named Nike in that book. ;)

I wouldn't mind a cameo either, but she was totally insistent! She bitched till I said I'd let you know, and let you know I have. :)

Also, good to hear you're doing alright these days. Keep up the good work.

evan said...

Are there little scaly orange men in the future? With crowns?

Or will they be in the sequel?