Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Well, I'm off.

Just wanted to stop in and display my last case of nerves. Not sure what the next week or so will bring. I may be able to sit at my desk later this day, or I might be forced to lay back and take it easy. It all depends on what needs to be done inside the knee. Last time I had an arthroscopy. the doc went into my shoulder to fix a torn tendon and ended up tightening a different tendon, while also shaving the head of a bone. Did it hurt? HECK YES!

Becky...I dunno why I'm writing this exactly, but I love you. I love you so much. And I miss you. I'm honestly hoping this thing is as simple as described in the doc's office, and that it has no lasting effect that ruins my visit come September. But it is, after all, an extremity, and things from the knees on down haven't been healing right over the last decade.

And everyone else...? Well, you know how diligent I've become at caring for myself. Once upon a time, after such surgery, I was doing all sorts of foolish things. (Really, did I HAVE TO jump stairs when I was 18 and 20?) My bed is all set to keep my leg elevated, and my computer is even rearranged so I can lie back and watch movies.

And with that, I'm off. Got me a date with a surgeon. Since I'm somewhat thirsty this morning, I hope he's kind enough to buy me a drink at the very least.

Be well, all.

No comments: