Friday, August 27, 2010

This soul is SOLD!

Well, I did it. I finalized my contract with Satan and signed up for Facebook. I immediately began seeking out old friends, and was surprised to find so many lurking about. I was also surprised to see certain connections remaining intact.

Like Bryan having Perlin as a friend. That one kind of hurt. I mean, that woman drove me to the literal brink of insanity, and he's friends with her? Well, there's no accounting for taste at times, and he was likely as nostalgic as I was when he added her.

I also found the INFAMOUS Jackie. She looks no different than she did all those years ago.

So...Friend requests were sent to a few people, as well as a few messages...

* * *
We interrupt this post with news from my housemates. We are screwed.

We've been living lean due to the fact that Cody is only employed part time and Ray is on unemployment. Ray has been on unemployment since I got here. There's only so many times you can tell someone to get a job before you say to yourself, "You know what? He's a grown man. He knows his responsibilities. He says he'll do the right thing, and he will."

But he didn't. He waited. And he waited. And now that the last minute is here, now he's trying to do something. Still not what he should be doing, but he and Cody are gathering up things to sell in an effort to have some kind of money here in the house.

Now there's technically a problem with writing this here. Ray will see this. However, the good news is that the blog will help me to vent my anger with caution, and having Becky on Skype at the same time is also keeping me from doing that which I want to do most: EXPLODE! I want to be shouting at the top of my lungs until my voice is gone. I want to hit things. I want to vent my anger and get it out of me before it acts like a mental poison. I'm furious, and I'm desperately trying to keep myself under control so that I don't say things that are so hurtful that others don't recovery from it.

I'm off to talk with my sweet, beautiful Becky. With luck, she'll calm the savage beast raging within me.

1 comment:

Zeb The Troll said...

I know this story all too well. I wish I didn't, but I do. Okay, it's not quite as bad, since their livelihood isn't being placed in danger, but still.

My son-in-law has been married to my daughter for just over 3 years now. He's been unemployed for more than half of that and was fired from every job he had for the first half. As a result, they are now living in his mother's basement. My daughter was || this close to leaving him over it this summer, but things happened to stave that off. However, she's now working TWO waitressing jobs trying to pull them up into being able to live as a separate family unit instead of letting him, a 23 year old man, continue nursing off of mom's proverbial teat.

He's made promise after promise after promise and remains on the couch. Oh, he spent some amount of time pretending to go job hunting, but seriously, even in this economy, if you're serious, you can find shit work somewhere if you need a job badly enough, and he does.

Alarra and I have given him no less than two dozen work leads in the last year alone, from places advertising "We're hiring" for stuff that he has experience doing. Hell, there's a new electronics chain opening up in our area (hhgregg, if anyone's familiar) and they were hiring more than 500 people statewide. He's a gadget guy with, if not credentials, at least enough demonstrable familiarity to get a job at a big box chain (I can vouch that he knows a lot more about this stuff than the average mook that gets these jobs).

To make matters worse, however, he recently admitted to her that he's been smoking a not insignificant part of her earnings for the entirety of their marriage (and I don't mean Marlboro's).

Frankly, I'd beat him with a lead pipe in the kitchen except for the fact that he's also the father of my adorable grandson.

Hmmm, you know, I guess there are things I could blog about once in a while, after all. Mayhap I should.