Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"This side of the bed..."

Becky and I have a lot of moments in which we interact, and her first reaction is, "At least you can blog about that one." They're usually funny moments, and the ones that are unsafe to put here are rated R for "adult content." Or pretty darned close to it.

She wants me to share such moments, because as long as we're laughing, she wants to be sharing it. G-d knows, we have enough reasons not to laugh, so sharing the good stuff is...ummm...good. (Me goodly writer; make funny message.) But aside from those moments that shouldn't be shared because they're too growed up, there are also the "location jokes." They're all "you had to be there" kind of things.

But we had another one last night, and she seems to really want me to share the moment...so here we go.

It was "post-cuddle." I wasn't quite tired, so I planned on doing some reading. Really, Becky is quite emotional, and often sheds tears of joy when we cuddle, as she just so amazed she found little old me. Sometimes I just don't get it. I'm too broken. No one in their right mind would shed tears over the concept of being in love with whatever it is that I am. But Becky is just THAT in love with me, and so the tears flow. And last night was one of those nights.

Now, cuddle sessions mean we're going to be quite clingy. We're not like that all the time. We enjoy showing affection, but don't feel the need to be glued to one another 24 hours a day, seven days of the week. But once we start clinging, Becky often doesn't want to give it up. So as we ended our cuddling, and I was getting ready to read, she curled around my seated self on my side of the bed and said, "This side of the bed is - OH G-D!" That last was a result of going from candlelight to lamplight. She knew I was going to set myself up to read. She had to see me reaching for the lamp. All the same, the light startled her, altering her line from what was supposed to be, "This side of the bed is all comfy and warm."

It's at this point that I should note that the walls of our apartment aren't too thin...but also aren't very thick. Given enough volume, a neighbor could easily hear whatever it is we might be doing in here. It's kind of amusing to think of a neighbor parking in the back, noticing our dark apartment, going into their own, and shortly thereafter hearing through the walls, "OH G-D!"

Had I thought of it at the time, I could, in an equally loud voice, have said, "Yes, ma'am...you are welcome!" =P

Instead, I chose to start having fun at Becky's expense, resulting in her laughing so hard that she was crying again. It was one line after another. "This side of the bed IS ON FIRE!" "This side of the bed IS WRITHING WITH SNAKES!" "This side of the bed IS COVERED IN RAZOR BLADES AND PUDDLES OF LEMON JUICE!" I just kept going, one line after another, with her laughing continuously.

The two of us have moments that we'll probably never live down. She has last week's trip to the mall, which, for some odd reason, had us driving to the completely different location of Wal-Mart first. And I have those THREE times when I thought I was innocently caressing her shoulder...but it was definitely NOT her shoulder.

So there you have it. Is it truly a location joke, or are you laughing (or at least smiling) as well?

Be well, and DFTBA!

No comments: